Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Foodie Teacher Fashion

In my job, I need to wear an apron every day.

The students all wear a standard dark green drill apron, but that's too much like a school uniform for me and being the fashion conscious Food Tech teacher I am, LOL, I like to mix it up a bit...


I have the "Desperate Housewife" number for Mondays (and other days when I am feeling either desperate or housewifey) - The reason why it is usually a Monday you will find me wearing this is because Monday night is Desperate Housewives on TV2 and it gets me in the show mood.  I often find a Year 8 boy wearing this, which always gives me a giggle!

Other days, I wear my cupcake apron - the girls like this one a lot.

I also have a navy blue and white striped apron - professional, but still more interesting than dark green.

I also have a few aprons I got free with magazines such as Cuisine, Donna Hay and Better Homes and Gardens - thank you to them!

Then, just for fun, I have a NZ sheep apron which my Dad gave me when I was living in Australia.
This is one that I will occasionally let a student wear if I am feeling particularly generous and if they ask nicely :)

1 comment:

  1. Hana, do you remember my 'Stressed spelled backwards is desserts' apron from Auburn? I like to wear it sometimes to remind myself to take a chill pill!

    ReplyDelete