Saturday, September 11, 2010

Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days

The Mission: Complete 101 food-related pre-set tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

I started this in August and was not going to publish until I had the full list ready, but decided I would never get it done unless I posted my list unfinished.  I will attempt to finish compiling my list ASAP!

Start date: 15 August 2010
End date: 12 May 2013

Key

Completed
In progress
Not yet started

***************************************************************

1. Write my 101 things in 1001 days list.
2.  Buy a slow cooker.
3.  Make a pavlova.
4.  Do a Wilton cake decorating class.
5.  Make a Christmas cake and decorate it using the Wilton method.
6.  Do a cupcake making course.
7.  Make fancy cupcakes for staff morning tea.
8.  Eat dinner at the French Cafe (Auckland).
9.  Eat a meal at a Cuisine Magazines top restaurant finalist or winner.
10.  Take a group of students to the Student-run restaurant at AUT.
11. Try a new dish in my slow cooker.
12.  Make 12 new untried family meals (3/12)
13.  Develop gluten free recipes for the Year 7 Present in a Package unit.
14.  Try the Degustation menu at Dine (Auckland)
15.  Run an afterschool cooking class.
16. Make pasta from scratch.
17. Send a recipe into a magazine.
18. Visit and leave a comment at 50 other food blogs
19. Bake bread
20. Make hot cross buns
21. Go on a food safari somewhere...
22. Write at least one blog post a week for a year (2/52)
23. Start a herb garden
24. Plant a fruit tree
25. Make jam
26. Make marmalade
27. Plant a vegetable garden
28. Buy a kitchen blow torch and make creme brulee
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.

2 comments:

  1. I made a similar list - yet much smaller! I've tackled several activities; the list actually helped just as you suggest. (Woo-hoo for slow cookers!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the beginnings of a great list - I'll be following to see how it progresses :-)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete