Saturday, October 9, 2010

Jackson turns three!

My little boy turned three last week so I made him some special cupcakes to take to day care.

He was very pleased with them.  I did a mixture of chocolate and vanilla cakes with ready made white icing.  I made the colours by adding drops of liquid food colouring until the colour was right.

I would like to say I made the little figures on the top of each cake, but they were from the supermarket!

We had a little party at home and I made a rainbow jelly ring. I got the idea from Liss at http://www.frillsinthehills.com/.

I couldn't get all the same colours and flavours as they have in Australia so I had to improvise a little with what we have available here in NZ.  It was delicious and everyone loved it.

I used my tupperware jelly mould. I sprayed it with canola oil spray first but it came out so easily that I am not sure if I really needed to.

I served it with rainbow icecream cake :)










No comments:

Post a Comment